Ideas needed to reduce noise

I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can hear it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.

What is the best way to cut down of the noise?

If I cut two slices of styrofoam and put one on top and one on bottom of the concrete block will it reduce the noise significantly?

Or do I need to take some drastic measure to build some sort of an enclosure for the pump?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

on 7/18/2008 12:30 AM MiamiCuse said the following:

My entire pool pump system is sitting on interlocking 12" x 12" x 1/2" rubber vibration damping tiles over the concrete pad. What is the reason for having the pump up on the block?

Reply to
willshak

I would also put a cover over that pump unless it is rainproof.

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed

Pool pumps are designed to sit out in the weather.

Reply to
willshak

What if they get wet?

Reply to
HeyBub

I didn't know.

Andy

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed

Not a problem from what I understand. Mines outside like that.

Reply to
jthread

Could you just change the timer on the filter to the time of day you are not in the room?

My next question is. Is there a window near by? If there is, 90% of the noise is coming in there.

Pool pumps are usually not that loud. Unless you are just very noise adverse. See if you can find one that is less noisy.

The enclosure idea would, most likely, cause the motor to overheat if it is exposed to the sun at all or if it is too small. Some pumps come with covers but I was told not to use them because of the heat they create.

Reply to
jthread

You should start touching it and find out what part is making the noise. I'll bet it's the pump on top of the cinder block. Put the neoprene between the two.

Reply to
mm

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MiamiCuse) I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can hear it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.

you finish painting that area behind the pump in the first picture...? It's getting on my nerves..

Reply to
in2-dadark