Ice Maker makes churning noise

I have a Kenmore Elite under the counter Ice Maker that is about 3 years old. Occasionally, it quits producing ice and makes a cyclical groan or chruning noise (as Martha would say, "A bad thing"). When this occurs, I turn it off for awhile and later turn it back on and it would go back to making ice. I clean it regularly by removing the front cover and vacuuming coils. I also clean the machine with Nickel Safe Ice Machine Cleaner every six months. Although it was working fine, I did the bi-annual cleaning earlier this week, on Monday. Wednesday it was making the chruning noise again so I shut it down for awhile and it was OK. Today, Friday, it was doing it again, so I shut it down again. Now it's working fine. I worry that if I am not there to intervene with this machine something serious and expensive will happen to it. Can anyone shed some light on this problem as well as the cure?

Reply to
Scott