I'm torn....

We had a few selling non-ethanol but they gave up because so many people shop on price only. It cost them more at wholesale so they need to charge more.

Reply to
George

I add an appropriate amount of stabil and then run for a short time. Machines always start on the first pull the next season.

Reply to
George

Top up with stabilized gas, run a few minutes, shut off fuel valve and let the carb run dry.

Reply to
Pete C.

Perhaps less common in premium gas, but there is no guarantee that hi-test or premium will not also contain ethanol.

Reply to
Larry W

Personally I've only had problems with 2 stroke engines. Lawn mowers with the typical B&S 4 stroke have never been a problem. YMMV.

Reply to
Larry W

One reason may be that on some engines the fuel tank is integrated into the design of the carburetor, and adding such a valve would not be practical without significant (more expensive) changes to the fuel system.

Reply to
Larry W

Atleast some of the local Shell stations have it marked on the pumps that there is no ethanol in their high test gas. Makes it easy to determin at those stations.

I have started going there in the last year and it seems that my riding mower runs beter after 2 or 3 tanks full.

Not that it does any good, but I got in the habit of putting the Sta-bil in all the gas I use for the small engines around the house. Some of them are used weekly and some are only used once or twice a year.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I have never in my life stabilized or drained gas from my lawnmower. Just put it away at the end of the season and get it out next season. Put new gas in and it starts up. Pretty much the same with my 2 cycle stuff.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That one engine was the only one I've had that threw a hissy fit over old gas. I'd have to drain it down half way and add new gas, then put up with it sputtering until the old gas was flushed out. Every other engine gets along fine with the old stuff until it's blown out.

Reply to
krw