Hunter Ceiling Fan no lnger works

He didn't 'say' (specifically) he had voltage at the canopy.

He seems to be focused on a concept of repeatedly asking about a 'reset switch' -- which is silly when it comes to talking about a light bulb not working and which fan reset is neither addressed or illustrated in the .pdf manual (with troubleshooting section) link he was provided earlier. None of my fans, Hunter, Hampton Bay, Casablanca, totalling 5 including a reinstall of one of them, have had any reset switch.

To me, it isn't logical that there would be a user reset switch to be reset manually living inside a canopy housing up in a ceiling.

Instead he provided only his troubleshooting conclusions without giving sufficient information about how he derived the conclusions. He said

"The wiring between the fan and the electrical panel is OK and all of the circuit breakers are On."

I have no idea how he concluded the integrity of the wiring between the fan and the panel or how he concluded the breaker was 'on'. He also said 'No longer work' indicating that previously both worked.

All of that causes me to be uncertain as to how he went about determining the information we were provided which causes me to 'suspect' that some part of the information was incomplete or inaccurate.

I focused on the 'secret' wall switch because of my own wall switches which were installed at the same time as the ceiling box. I did not assume that he had tested the voltage in the canopy and I also have no idea how much he knows about breaker behaviors and positions.

The last time I chased down a mystery impossible downstairs outside dead outlet plug I eventually discovered that it was supposed to be getting its juice from a circuit far away and in an upstairs bathroom outlet with a GFI breaker

Reply to
Mike Easter

How old is the fan? Fans or, more properly, fan light kits sold during the last few years have built-in power limiters rated at 190 watts so that power to the light bulbs is limited to three 60 watt bulbs or some similar combination.

But, some power limiters are located in the canopy (because of heat), so it's possible that the fan was wired such that both the fan and light kit are connected through the power limiter. If the power limiter has tripped or failed, that could be the cause of your problem. Most power limiters reset automatically when the load is reduced to less than 190 watts and the power is switched off for a few minutes and then on again. I've never seen a power limiter with a reset button unless that button is marked and visible to anyone looking at the light kit or fan mounting hardware.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

+1