Humidifier Question

Some people just toss their towel over the rail where the forced air can dry it out nicely ... Makes it nice and toasty for the next shower too!

Dentists use hot towel warmers but this is better ......

Joel

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

The science behind sealing in a bubble and managing air quality is well understood - on space stations ;-)

gerry

Reply to
gerry

And for even longer with submarines.

Reply to
Rod Speed

My wife would agree. ;->

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

How do you vent it?

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

Given an outdoor dewpoint of 0F, 160 CFM of fresh air, an indoor temp of 70F, our family of four putting out 2 gallons per day of moisture, and no humidifier, what would be the resulting indoor humidity?

Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software

Gary R. Lloyd

Why don't you tell us, Mr. Tech-Method?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Why do you keep bringing up TECH Method? My books are not about system design nor sizing nor installation. That's why it says "Troubleshooting" in my sig line.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software

Gary R. Lloyd

What does the humidity meter read?

:-P

Sorry, I've come to depend more on instruments than math, math errors are too common.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Gary, this idiot has no clue what hes talking about. The fact that he knows nothing about you says all...hes claiming to be some expert in a field that would encompass being familiar with those like you that know more about the workings of a system than most, yet he cant grasp that you do not design, nor install systems. If he was smart, he would be looking at ways to insure that the IAQ was that of a healthy level, and if energy savings is his goal, he would know more about geo systems, or even passive systems. There are several builders here that we work with that build a tight home..one that far and away exceeds that of 99% of those out there..however, ERVs, HRVs and other methods are used to insure that the occupants are comfortable and healthy...and extremely low energy comsumption is the result. Personally, I will stick with my heat pump, with humidifier, HRV, and UV bank. My wife from the desert of Southern CA agrees with me..and if we build a new home as we plan, its going to be what we want...not what some wannabe self proclaimed expert thinks we want...and I willl guarantee that on

5000+SF, the utilities would be amazingly low....and I wont care what "they could be".

Hell...he can slap a swamp cooler on the roof, sealthe place up and reach

100%RH in about 30 minutes...LOL
Reply to
steve

Gary, certainly you recognize this as a troll. Too much intentionally missing data.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ece.villanova.edu wrote: n 160x0.075(wi-wo) < 0.0116, ie wo < wi - 0.000966 = 0.005319 and Po

Come on Nicky. Quit evading. You always want to post numbers. Answer the question. Or admit you're a clueless f****it.

Reply to
bill

Math is always accurate IF all parameters are considered correctly. But garbage, garbage out. In many cases, "garbage" is the absence of all parameters correctly interpreted.

One certain "trash detector" is when someone starts doing calculations like the above with 6 significant digits!!! Any decent engineer is rolling on the floor laughing when they see such.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

For my engineering degree, I was taught to use atleast 5 in all calculations and show atleast three in any answer.

6 too much? or not enough for you?

Just currious,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 19-Nov-04 At About 09:21:38, Gary R. Lloyd wrote to All Subject: Re: Winter humidification wastes energy

GRL> From: snipped-for-privacy@gatecom.com (Gary R. Lloyd)

GRL> gary, this guy only knows what he sees in a book. I gave up on trying to explain anything to him as he doesn't seem to comprehend anything.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Bullshit.

-- -john wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~ The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining - JFK ~~~~~~~~

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Showing more "significant" digits that are "significant" (excepting one extra during calculations to handle round off build up) suggests there is far more accuracy than exists. In many cases like this, your lucky if the first digit is accurate for some parameters.

RPI would flunk an answer with garbage extra significant digits. In the above example, temperature and RH are only given as two significant digits, (2nd digit suspect!). Using more than 3 for calculations and reporting results more accurate then 2 digits (the number in the temp and RH) is meaningless garbage).

Now, BASIC programmers, not in touch with the real world, often use BASIC's default of 10 or so digits. A waste if paper, ink, screen space...

To answer your question, given the input has parameters with only two significant digits, reporting results with more than two is deceptive.

Interesting, the first scientific hand held calculator (HP 35) had no ability to control the number of displayed digits. HP fixed this with the next generation so one properly viewed data to the specified number of digits.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

Precise math, given imprecise factors, yields an imprecise result. For example, does anyone really believe every family of four under all conditions generates exactly 2 gallons of moisture per day? Can we compensate for the variations by calculating with more significant digits?

Get real, folks. Its a ballpark guesstimate no matter how precise the math.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software

Gary R. Lloyd

"Precisely" my point ;-) I'm sure a 2 yr old emits the same moisture to the air as a 250lb man working NOT. That makes the 1st significant digit suspect!

What if one has an aquarium, likes plants or takes long baths? How about someone who likes to cook a lot? The numbers are not even in a "ballpark", rather one could guesstimate upper and lower bounds which probably are grossly different.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

Is that the famous "Index finger hypothesis?"

...sorry, I couldn't resist

Reply to
~^Johnny^~