How to upgrade fairly new kitchen?

"You've never seen cabinet doors with glass inserts? "

Heh, Don, you moron. Of course we've all seen cabinets with glass inserts. I didn't say they didn't exist. I said YOUR suggestion of simply changing the doors on his existing builder cabinets to glass ones makes no sense. That's because, as I already pointed out, cabinets with glass doors have inside finishes that are attractive, usually the same as the exterior, and meant to be seen. If you replace the doors on typical builder type cabinets, which is what this person has, with glass doors, all you're going to do is look at an unattractive inside of a cheapo cabinet.

Is that so hard to understand?

Reply to
trader4

Looks OK as granite goes, except spending a mint on rock, but still not so much as a doorpull on those cabinets?

Did I mention Tuscan tile backsplashes as my least favorite? But the tile showrooms are full of it, so maybe it's me.

However, if they like the traditional style, I'm sure the kitchen works for them.

BTW, are you in CA, where 1000 sq. ft. houses command $800k? If so, the luxury touches are becoming so common that the resale mkt. demands them (unless I just watch too many remodeling shows).

Reply to
Bob (but not THAT Bob)

Why does it seem that you're lying, again?

Now you're backpeddling.

I said YOUR suggestion of

Try to get out of the trailer park sometime, and see how the rest of the world lives.

Reply to
Don

"tiny dancer"> wrote

2 years ago my brother built a new home and had maple laminate flooring (Armstrong Swiftlock) installed throughout the house including the kitchen. That house is on a well with a softener. His wife poured a bottle of JetDry in the dishwasher socket and when she turned it on later the JetDry reacted with the softened water to cause the DW to fill up with foamy suds that forced its way out around the door gasket and flooding the floor in the kitchen. That soapy water caused the laminate to swell and buckle and it had to be replaced. Unfortunately Lowes stopped carrying that particular style of laminate so he ended up yanking all the laminate up in the kitchen and putting tile down. Its probably not a good idea to put wood or wood type flooring in wet areas.
Reply to
Don

"Bob (but not THAT Bob)"> wrote

Same here, I don't particularly care for them, must be a nightmare to keep clean, all them little holes and the textured surfaces. But you're right, they've been popular for quite some time now. I prefer a cleaner more unified look between the counter and the backsplash. Yes, its just me. :-)

Reply to
Don

I don't see a response to trader's point anywhere in this post. (And, no he did

*not* say they didn't exist.)

Banty

Reply to
Banty