how to run at test at gas line to gas pack

What is the procedure for running a pressure test with air on the gas line at a gas pack unit. It has to maintain 10 lbs. of pressure over night. I have not done this type of test in a long time. I have the test gauge. This is required because the unit has been off for over a year.

Reply to
wlex0297

its highly likely a pro will have to do this to meet regulations.......

Reply to
hallerb

Not enough info.

You can't apply the 10psi to the appliance, so the valve serving it must be closed. If you will be pressurizing the service line into the house, *all* appliances must be isolated from the line during testing. The regulator and meter must also be isolated from the test pressure.

Then pump up the line...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

This procedure is best done by a professional since there are requirements to prevent the pressure from damaging the appliance gas valves, the meter, or any installed regulators. You are generally required to disconnect things, not just shut off valves. The gas company also will require that they or someone they trust do this job and they may require a recording pressure gage. It is simple but highly critical and should not cost very much.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Most definetly get a pro as a gas fitter I won't even suggest you do this as I won't have my name involved

Reply to
jim

With gas line questions, the answer is usually to ask your inspector. The inspector knows what he expects to see. I have found them to be very helpful.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

But not all inspectors are licensed Gas fitters get a pro please.

Reply to
jim

But the fitters have to meet the inspector's standards. I've never needed a pro.

Reply to
Bob F