How to remove battery cover in Plantronics headset

I want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions.

I ended up buying this replacement battery:

I couldn't manage the headset, the battery, the soldering iron, and the solder with just two hands, so I ordered this "third hand" gizmo:

It's not the easiest thing to use, it has no case, and in order to put it back in the box it came in, I have to take it apart again. But for $7.35, it's a good deal.

Once I got it set up, the job was done in about 10 minutes. I didn't even need any additional solder. I was able to melt the little drop that was already there and attach the new wires. I then reassembled the headset and charged it up. As far as I can tell, it's working.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

Thanks for the follow-up, and the photos of the battery and the hobby holding device -- I had never seen one of those.

Glad it all worked out.

Reply to
TomR

Visit our video on how to replace your CS70n battery we carry these batteries in stock as well and offer a repair service to have it done. A lot of knock off batteries will work the same as a dying battery, so be careful.

Drew Merritt