How to install kitchen cabinet toekick?

I have matching toekick for my new kitchen cabinets (Kraftmaid, if that makes a difference). Basically, it's a thin (less than 1/4") strip of MDF with finish on the front side. What is the proper way to install it? Glue? Nails? Something else?

Thanks. D

Reply to
dmitry.freitor

I have Kraftmaid cabinets and when they were installed the guy used 16 ga. finish nails. Then filled the holes (at least some of them with some wax filler). I had to go back and touch up some.

Since we kept the existing vinyl floor, I needed to stain some cherry quarter round and install it myself. Again, I used a 16 ga. finish nailer. You might consider using some of the trowelable adhesive that you use for the rubber toekicks. But if you use an adhesive I'd make sure it thin, since the to kick material is thin. I think that stuff was around 1/8" to

3/16". But as you say much less than 1/4".

Bottom line, everything seems to be holding well.

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

I have installed many feet of toe kick.

A 18 g brad nailer works better than a 16 g. The nails are thinner.

You have to get the depth and the pressure just right so you don't blow through the kick.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle