How to install a floor?

I have a crawlspace with a standard door, so I can walk inside. I like to put in a floor so I can store all my craps that is taking over my garage. I thought that I can do the following:

- put a ledger board into side of my foundation w/ concrete screws.

- build a platform with 2x6 (kind of like a deck)

- cover the platform with plywoods

Is there any problems with put the ledger board into my foundation? Do I need a permit for this?

Is there any proffessional who can give me some advices?

Thank so much,

Reply to
Dzung Tran

Do you mean an excavated area that has no poured concrete floor? If so I would go for a poured floor and not consider anything else. If you put a wood floor over that you will still need to arrange some sort of ventilation under the floor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If it is too difficult to do this project according to building code, I suggest a structure that can be REMOVED if the next owner does not like it. How tall is the space?

What about installing a deck on concrete piers? In this case, the house will not be touched.

This does not solve the problem. A deck outside has air moving under it. This won't. All sorts of things would grow there.

Concrete slab would work best, but it depends on your area. It might be that there is no floor there because of flooding problems. Check with local building inspector.

good luck.

Peter

Reply to
peter