How to dry out basement

I can't imagine it would be that much, for most of the civilized world. ;-) A few thousand extra gallons of water would raise my bill by about $5.00. :-)

In any case, when the backup pump goes on, it's really quite loud. You can't miss it, and it would be really obvious that the main sump isn't running.

Reply to
user

Citations ?

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

MOLD WILL Kill , Paranoia, Phobia,!!! Run for the hills and live ???? RUN RUN Mold IS everywere, everyone ..Forget Lead Paint , Absestos, Fiberglass, its MOLD Now,........ Mold is everywhere, -- In reality People.. It is natural , just keep your house and basement below 65% humidity and mold will not grow , if you have leaks , fix them , mold grows at 70 % RIH

Reply to
mark Ransley

in my area, south louisiana when you have wet carpet(from flooding) its gotta come up.... they cut it up and put it out for trash..... it does not see to be any good after the water damage... by the time a carpet dries its full of mold or misdew and is trash.. pull up the carpet and let it run dry.. and you have to have the windows open so the moisture can go outside.... thats the only way to get rid of the odor.......

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Michael Baugh

In alt.home.repair on Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:08:18 -0400 Speedy Jim posted:

It sounds great.

Except this line: Uniquely mounted on the ceiling above the sump pit, it doesn't have to fight the downward force of the water that most

==I think it has to lift the water out of the sump, which is just as difficult as pumping it out from beneath. (Maybe even harder?)

pumps must push up vertically. For this reason, it consistently removes more water per hour than other water powered backup sump pumps and even rivals the best battery powered backup sump pumps, short- and long- term.

==I don't deny that it does that, but I think it would be for other reasons. ;)

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman