How to dry flooded laminate floor?

Ah, yes. I see. He used the expensive stuff. But, if the wood's purpose is as a filler, water might not affect it. If, for example, the company mixed wood dust with the plasticizer, the result wouldn't be particularily vulnerable to water.

Reply to
HeyBub

The edges have clearly swollen in the pictures. Discussing theoretical situations is pointless.

I also don't understand your comment about the relative cost being dependent on whether it has wood fiber in the product. The cheapest stuff out there has wood fiber in it.

RicodJour

I was trying to distinguish between real, solid wood (the expensive stuff), and the faux wood made of sawdust and plasticizer.

There're at least two kinds of laminate: Solid (or veneer) wood with an indestructible finish and some composite material covered with (essentially) wallpaper, then coated with the bullet-proof stuff.

Reply to
HeyBub

What does your insurer say and what does the manufacturer say?

Reply to
Doug Brown

replying to fftt, JANINE price wrote: hi i have semae thing in my bedroom and lifting up slightly and see huge bubbles under it what is a shop vac

Reply to
JANINE price

Oren posted for all of us...

That sucks!

Reply to
Tekkie®

OP is better off just replacing the laminate flooring.

if theres ANY CHANCE this may occur again replace the laminatewith something much more durable, thats not bothered by water

polished concrete is near indestructible, and fairly cheap. terrazo last forever expensive but just about indestructible

theres ceramic tile that looks like wood. more expensive than laminate, but lasts near forever.

some vinyl tile is extremely durable, and looks good

theres a wide variety of alternatives

Reply to
bob haller

I like sheet vinyl linoleum -- no leaking through there -- except when you roll a chair while sitting on it, it tends to separate the top layer with the pattern from the layer underneath. Maybe that's less likely with better quality, and maybe impossible if the pattern goes all the way through, but they don't sell Congoleum anymore.

Reply to
Micky

replying to RicodJour, Stormsnomore wrote: I am experiencing this situation with water due to a severe storm in our area with torrents or wind and rain. Due to past storms in our state, many insurance company's went under leaving us with state funded insurance, with only helps us in catastrophic events. So no help with our floor. They said our home was just deteriorating through normal aging thus the reason for occasional water from certain weather related conditions. Don't assume everyone can make an insurance claim. Fortunately the leak was very minimal no visible swelling in the affected corner. But getting to it would mean removing a very large area. Just put it down 3 months prior.

Reply to
Stormsnomore

replying to Stormsnomore, passerby wrote: If the swelling is not visible (or minimal), and at least a few hours have passed, then there is no reason to even touch it. If it were to swell, it would have done so already. Once it swells, there's nothing you can do except replace

- it will stay warped even after it dries. That said, it is hard to say which way the water goes between underlayment and the planks. If it's very recent, and I mean just a couple hours ago, you may still see some more swelling elsewhere. Not much you can do about it but wait until the event is over, then assess the damage and replace what's damaged.

Reply to
passerby

After 7 years, the OP has probably figured out what to do.

Reply to
hrhofmann

replying to norminn, Njs wrote: 'I wouldnt jave a pretend wood floor' what a twatish response.

Reply to
Njs

replying to RicodJour, Patty wrote: The problem with the insurance claim is this: once you put in a claim, your insurance goes up for three or five years, and if you want to switch insurance, they can see your claim and the price will be higher. Happ Ned to us in NJ.

Reply to
Patty

replying to james, DryTech Restoration Services wrote: Yes remove the affected floor especially if there is a moisture barrier or pad

Reply to
DryTech Restoration Services

Yo I’m dying right now😂😂

Reply to