How to copy file to Andrrd smartphone?

How do I copy a 1 meg file to a Huawei Android smartphone, from the PC?

How do I copy a program that will display a .docx file?

I plugged the phone into the PC via a cable and it shows 2 drives, both of them 0 bytes big. I know the phone has some additional memory in it, something about the size of the trimming from a fingernail.

I have a feeling I need to use some app, maybe one that came with Android, maybe not!

I have that short-distance wireless feature on the phone and the computer, whose name I can never remmeber. Greenpeace, it might be called. Sweetbread? Bluetooth!!! That's it. (stupid name)

I also have a cable, the same one that charges the battery.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Read the user manual from your android device. You can use either method but you must read and digest the info or you will FAIL. ====

Reply to
Roy

I put my PC files on a network share. Copying is just a byproduct, not always needed.

This looks interesting:

Google, docx app

Install ES File Explorer for access to network shares.

My cable solution for the PC side wouldn't help you unless you're a Linux user. I manage the camera pictures with gphoto2.

Reply to
Dan Espen

You can try dropbox. Download it to you pc, and then download it to your phone, too. When your not using it on your phone disable it. When you want access to files on your pc, enable the app on your phone and put files into your dropbox folders.

I like taking video on my phone, but only occasionally. The files were too big to text or email to anyone, so I did the dropbox thing, and it worked like a charm. When I'm done using it, I disable it on my phone.

Reply to
rebel

I use the free app Airdroid. You need to have your phone linked to the same wifi router as the computer. The computer can be either hard wired to the router or connected with wifi.

Reply to
Art Todesco

You get an ap from Goodle:

phone should be capable of doing this.

You can copy files from your computer to the phone when plugged into computer.

Reply to
Frank

Androild is also a mere app, not just an operating system? Or you're being funny?

I should have tried the Drag and Drop with wifi only. But I'm still working on doing things like that with my hardwired PC and my wireless laptop, and the whole notion of shared files. Part of the delay is that I have little need to do this, so maybe that's why I should have learned ont the cell phone. Oh, welll. As you may have read, both the file and the reader are there now. (A lot more fun than reading 55 more pages.)

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Hey, that's the same one!

I guess I did this 2 years ago but I'd forgotten most of the details.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky