How to clean out outlets

Something went into my garage and plugged all the outlet holes with mud. I suspect some sort of wasp or other insect. The mud is really packed, and I cant force a plug into them. The ground holes are the worst. Anyone know how to clean them? Obviously I will shut off the breaker first. It's amazing what stupid damages can occur when no one is looking....

Reply to
unlisted

Outlet holes on a garage??? Do you mean electrical outlets?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Replace them, receptacles are cheap.

Reply to
Jedd Haas

Here in AZ, bug problems are so bad that it is common practice to apply a thin bead of caulk to the back edge of the cover plate to keep bugs out.

If you're having wasp problems from the front side, use those child-protection plugs when the outlet is not being used.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

I wouldn't bother trying to salvage them. Just replace them. You might want to look into having outlets that have covers.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:03:56 -0500, "Ron" wrote (with possible editing):

If you can't find outlets with covers or don't want to spend the money, then use the plastic inserts used to child-proof outlets.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Reply to
George E. Cawthon