A post in a message in this group reads as such:
1) you pound in an electrode.
2) Test it for dirt resistance
3) if it's > 25 ohms, pound in another electrode.
4) you're done
[Ie, Note: if you don't get below 25 ohms with the second electrode,
you don't need to pound in a third.]
1) What are the TWO PROBES of the meter touching ?
One is on the ground rod and the other is on ................?
Not an electrician but curious and never heard of this.
In past, I've seen people LOP OFF about a foot or so of "ground rod" when
ground was too hard or had rocks.
2) How would an inspector KNOW if the ground rod had been cut ?
3) I think a ground rod is 8ft.
You mean if you cut off 1 or 2 feet that the "ground" does not "fully