How often should an interior fuel oil tank be cleaned out?

Coffee didn't kick in yet. A double wall is valuable because you can periodically sample inside the second wall or install a alarm that will sound if it detects something.

Reply to
George

Certain local oil companies will no longer fill inside tanks unless you have proof of age or a certificate from an inspector. They pay giant premiums for spillage insurance and their insurers give them a discount for doing this.

Reply to
George

No, my understanding is that it isn't local. We are in PA but according to my friend it is a requirement in at least the NE and Mid-Atlantic states.

Reply to
George

Dunno, I know I saw regular single wall 275 and 330 tanks for sale in CT within the last couple years.

Reply to
Pete C.

George wrote: ...

Tanks used for the storage of heating oil for consumptive use on the premises where stored are excluded from federal UST regulations. However, state or territorial regulatory agencies may regulate these tanks. You can view a map showing which states regulate these tanks..."

PA actually isn't on the map (but it notes it's not kept completely up to date)...

Reply to
dpb

In the 60's one major oil company advertised that it included something like this in the gasoline. I think even at that time, all the major gas companies did so, and by not long after I think all the independants did too.

But Dry Gas is still useful when there is more than the normal amount of water in the gas tank.

I haven't heard about it.

Reply to
mm

I haven't heard about it.

Ooops. I got confused by my own post. I havent heard about it being already included in the fuel oil when you buy it, but i'm not surprised the sell it separately.

Reply to
mm

mm wrote: ...

Which is basically, just alcohol in which water is soluble. One advantage of ethanol...

--

Reply to
dpb

Ah. Ok. Thanks.