How is this anti climb?

Looks really easy to climb this "anti climb" fencing.

Commander Kinsey

It doesn't say you can't climb it. It says they are against your climbing it.

Reply to
micky

:-)

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Most that I've seen tend to have razor wire on an overhang at the top, often electrified or wired to detect it being cut. I guess it all depends on what you are trying to keep in or out. Many animals burrow underneath fencing. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They're for fencing off a worksite. I've never known there to be razor wire on those. "Broke into" many a worksite as a kid. Free stereos and drills and stuff.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So they'd work in Germany where they must follow the rules.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The holes in the mesh are too narrow for you insert your foot.

Reply to
alan_m

I remember the fenced area around the school I went too. Little kids could climb the fence more easily. Their feet could fit in the holes.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yes, I remember climbing fences like that, as a child. (There was a peach orchard on the other side!)

Reply to
S Viemeister

Always knew there was a reason for winkle pickers.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Since fencing of that type can be knocked over, it's merely advisory fencing. It is typically, more of a "menace" than a "barrier".

If your construction company was being sued in court, having such a fence would mean nothing to the judge. Your work site still has to be "secured", as such fences don't keep out all comers. My favorite part of that fencing, is when they dig a hole on site, and rather than put plywood over the hole, they throw a section of that fencing over the hole as the "keep away".

A major infrastructure project here, they keep you out of a 25 foot deep "trench", using this kind of fencing. The sections of concrete come in on a transport, are lifted and put in place via a crane, then the fencing is installed along the top of the concrete sections. These fences are less likely to "fall over in a breeze". The concrete helps keep drunk drivers from entering the trench :-) Now that's a fence. It's still not an absolute barrier, but at least it's not going to fall on a young kid.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

There is a video around of one little monkey wearing just his nappy climbing up a domestic swimming pool fence just using the 6' high round vertical bars by gripping them between his toes.

Wouldnt have believed that was possible without seeing the video.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nothing can ever do that and that isnt even a legal requirement.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Why? If an idiot kills himself by entering where he wasn't meant to, he can only blame himself.

Blame society bullshit has to stop.

Whatever is to hand. You can also see it's a hole.

Let them drive in.

Young kids should look where they're going.

Looks like what they had at the Hillsborough "disaster" where many thicko football fans actually crushed each other. Even dogs aren't that stupid.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So er.... there's nothing preventing me walking onto a motorway and getting run over. Why can't I sue the highways agency for not 100% securing it? Or are they above the law because they're part of the government?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The barriers in built-up areas, are generally pretty good.

You cannot hope to protect all kilometers of road surface with fencing.

A spot in town, where multiple people have been run over, they entered the area in question... through a hole cut in a barrier fence. Such an individual hardly has a legal standing.

And they do improve some of those barriers, like 15 foot high solid walls. They give up on simple chain link fence, because sprogs have pliers.

For a lot of these cases, there aren't enough pictures in the news article, to determine whether extra barriers would help.

And it's not like the people running across our "Autobahn" are destitute. There is usually an overpass or a walkway they could have taken which is right next to where they cross. But for the sake of saving 5-7 minutes of walk time, they want to run across the road surface instead.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

But not your toes. Take off shoes, throw them over the fence, climb over, put on shoes, simple. Why can't people think outside the box?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

After you in bare feet - after the other day climbing up a ladder in slippers and losing one of them 6 rungs up.

Reply to
alan_m

Why not? The fence would be a fraction of the cost per mile as the surface and hardcore.

If they don't have a legal standing because they broke through, then why not just have a simple fence like this? Stepping over it means it's your fault.

Interesting, "sprog" means child or s**en. Hence a sprog covered sprog.

When I was a er sprog, I certainly repeatedly clipped through a fence to get to a half built "adventure playground". It was so much more fun with sudden ends to high platforms. Funnily enough, nobody ever died.

Easy enough to look and listen before crossing surely?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Are you fond of sprogging sprogs?

Reply to