How hard is it to add a small corner seat to an existing shower stall?

"Han" wrote

The specs give a 250 lb. capacity. Must be a safety factor in there too. My wife uses a similr one with no problem and the height is adjustable.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:LOqdnceWgJSL9IXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Mine was height adjustable too.

Reply to
Han

That's a good idea. Thanks.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

I checked out our local Goodwill. Goodwill loans out handicapped assistance devices for free on a short-term loan basis. Everything from canes and walkers to wheelchairs to shower chairs and raised toilet seats. They accept donated items, disinfect and sanitize them, then loan them out. So visit your local Goodwill's product rental facility and inspect their shower chair inventory. When you find a likely-looking model, note the specs then go out and buy one.

And by the way, a.h.r folks - if you ever have a handicapped assistance device you no longer need, donate it to Goodwill. There are a lot of people who will be very grateful that they can borrow it while they are incapacitated or recuperating, instead of having to buy what they need.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

the local elks club does this too

Reply to
chaniarts

On 7/11/2011 5:29 PM, Hell Toupee wrote: (snip)

I'll second that- and don't forget Salvation Army and the various local charitable thrifts as well. They might not have lending closets, but most stock and sell assistive items dirt cheap. When my father started having to use a walker due to a 'routine' spinal operation that didn't work out, we set him up with several walkers- one for house, one to keep in car, and one where we added lawnmower wheels so it would work in grass, at a fraction of the price of new.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers