How do they manage the input, what's the purpose of the output?

How do they manage the input, what's the purpose of the output?

When the only input port(s) are Micro-USB or USB-C how would they manage other than 5 volt inputs? But it says Input: (QC 2.0) 5V/2A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A

And how and for what purpose would there be 9 and 12v outputs? It ways Output: (QC 2.0) 5.1V/2.4A, 9V/1.6A, 12V/1.2A (Voltage/current levels supported by devices are automatically detected and adapted to.)

Are 9 or 12 volt devices about to come on the market? Have they done so already when I wasn't looking?

As to how, that is easy, by coming up with cables that are usb and one end and something else (???, barrel connectors?) at the other. They don't make those now, do they?

My car runs on 12 volts. Will this power my car?

Reply to
micky

To run a laptop or pad that runs off 9 or 12 volts, obviously.

Been around for over 40 years

Yes they do

If it runs off 1.5 amps

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Do you know any laptops that can be powered this way? BTW, most take about 20V.

However, this would require a way to tell the power bank to output something other than 5V. THAT could not have been around for over 40 years. Devices / cables that can should be available "soon".

Use a battery to collect that power over time and discharge all at once.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It is obvious and I thought of it, but figured it wouldn't keep it running for long enough to matter.

Wow. I'll have to look. I've got an AC PS and a car adapter for the laptop and a battery in the lap top but for a few dollars more I could have a backup for the backup. Might need it some day.

I'll check.

Reply to
micky

Thanks I read the whole thing.

Reply to
micky

I've run a couple thinkpads off 12 volts, as well as a few Acers. They won't charge the battery, but they run. Most regulate the power down to 5 and 3.3. A few use 12 volts for something, but absolutely nothing uses more than12 (except some backlights that run 300-ish from an inverterrunning off 12)

Ha Ha Ha.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

IDK about "powered" laptops, but as Bob pointed out, the intent of the 9 and 12V USB outputs is to charge a variety of appliances like phones and tablets that use the new quick charging specs. My smartphone quick charges at 9V.

They are available now, eg Qualcomm QuickCharge.

Reply to
trader_4