How do I know what brand is my Kitchen Fucet

I've been trying to figure out the brand of my Faucet so I can buy replacment parts (Diverter) but I can't see a brand anywhere...

I've pulled it apart (only the top part) to see if I could fin a brand anywhere, I compared to the major brands and it douesn't look anything alike.

Is there a standard place where the manufacturer usually put the brand? I couldn't find anything on the handle or the spout.

Thank you in advance Carlo

Reply to
Carlo.Cucina

In general, not that I'm aware of...sometimes if they're the cartridge type you can tell from the cartridge itself which it is or is a knockoff of. May be best bet is to take what you need a replacement for to the local Ace or equivalent and see if can match it w/ a generic. Failing that, the actual "real" plumbing supply distributors can likely help.

The only other places I've seen stuff stamped tends to be on the mounting hardware...

--

Reply to
dpb

As mentioned by the previous poster, take the parts you want to replace with you. The best bet would be a plumbing and electrical supply place that caters to diy'ers. Next best would be a small, local hardware store. Throw yourself to their mercy. I find the stupider (up to a limit) that I act, the better help I get.

If you are female, even better....If you have a cute 20-ish blonde woman you can recruit, send her my way...opps I mean send her in to the store.

Reply to
timbirr

You already have the answer to your question, but I feel I should add a little information and you can make your own choice.

Top manufacturers and the better lines of manufacturers that make various qualities all have their name (or logo) as part of the product and it is almost impossible to remove. The cheap lines tend to not have their name on them or it is on a part that is likely to fall out before it needs repair.

The point I am trying to make is it is likely the faucet you have is of poor quality and you may want to consider replacing it rather than replacing the diverter (which by the way tends to be needed to be replaced from time to time on even the best makes.)

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan