How do I add freon to a portable air conditioner?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...
Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has... -------------------------------- when my cousin retired from doing ac work, i found the ac companies allways wanted to replace the units rather than fix them, so i bought my own ac equipment and do it myself , the equipment isnt very expensive at all. lucas

How much you wanna bet the OP will try and fix it anyway, even after all the warnings he's gotten here? :-)
Headline: "Doctors Remove AC Compressor from Area Man's Skull"

What amount of money do you feel isn't very expensive?
Do you own a recovery machine and tank?
replying to Marc, kcwayne3 wrote: You wont find one its a sealed circuit
replying to Marc, Ante Seput wrote: Hmmmmm: All portable Units (AC) are Hermeticaly seal, adding gas is not seple as it may sound.One way is to open system add line tap and add the gas= not so good, one must know howmuch to add. Two remove all refrigerant and add OEM recommended amount not so good either, Best way buy new unit!!!!
replying to Ante Seput, jay m wrote: Up to $50,000.00 Federal fine for releasing/purging Freon to atmosphere.