How do I add freon to a portable air conditioner?

i recomend you get an ac book at the library and study hvac before you work on it. ac systems are very simple but you need to have knowledge how they work , and service procedures. lucas
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...
Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has... -------------------------------- when my cousin retired from doing ac work, i found the ac companies allways wanted to replace the units rather than fix them, so i bought my own ac equipment and do it myself , the equipment isnt very expensive at all. lucas

How much you wanna bet the OP will try and fix it anyway, even after all the warnings he's gotten here? :-)
Headline: "Doctors Remove AC Compressor from Area Man's Skull"

What amount of money do you feel isn't very expensive?
Do you own a recovery machine and tank?
replying to Marc, kcwayne3 wrote: You wont find one its a sealed circuit
replying to Marc, Ante Seput wrote: Hmmmmm: All portable Units (AC) are Hermeticaly seal, adding gas is not seple as it may sound.One way is to open system add line tap and add the gas= not so good, one must know howmuch to add. Two remove all refrigerant and add OEM recommended amount not so good either, Best way buy new unit!!!!
replying to Ante Seput, jay m wrote: Up to $50,000.00 Federal fine for releasing/purging Freon to atmosphere.
replying to Marc, Pat wrote: Where is the freon recharge port for lg 0813wnr
replying to Marc, bill wrote: You dont i have bought 4 units so far, you can just throw them out. I went to a pro A/C guy and he said the freon cannot be replaced
On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 12:14:04 AM UTC-4, bill wrote:

Curious, did this pro give a reason that it can't be replaced? I thought it could be, it's just that it's not worth it because of the cost. And the cost is driven by the fact that if the refrigerant is gone, then it's leaking so it's likely that something, eg the evaporator is shot, so more than just recharging it is needed.
On 7/21/2019 12:14 AM, bill wrote:

Sure, it can be, but the cost would be more than the price of a new AC. There is a lot of time involved in doing so.