House Paint Peeling Questions

hello,

We are getting to the point where our house needs to be re-painted. Have a latex paint on house now; about 10 years old since last paint job.

There is "meaningful" paint peeling in spots, and am wondering how well the adhesion is in general.

Am I right in that any new paint will never actually see the wood siding, and merely adheres to the old paint ?

So, if there is subsequent peeling of the old paint from the wood, the new paint will go along for the ride, and peel also ?

How are situations like this handled ?

If we get a good house washing (pressure wash ?) is this likely to cause even more peeling problems ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

If it does, that's good.