House Blow Up

An explosion killed at least three. Lots of pictures. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives is investigating.

Dean Hoffman

Meth lab?

Or butane hash oil. Butane is used in the extraction and boiled off during the process. It's heavier than air so it pools nicely. In a premature 4th of July celebration on July 2nd a local stoner blew up his mother's trailer cooking a batch. My neighbor's boat in an adjacent storage yard took a beating from flying debris. The BATF may be the wrong agency.

Not that anything like that goes on in Evansville...

rbowman

Natural gas?

Does it take a lot of energy to always be so negative?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Years ago a house blew up near where I lived. A car had run off the road and hit the gas meter, but left thinking he'd done no damage. That house was gone and the houses on each side badly damaged. It looked very similar to the photos I saw on the news today. Nobody was hurt, out of sheer luck all three families were elsewhere at the time.

Reply to
TimR

Illegal drug labs have blown up usually from use of ether solvent but house would stink and neighbors know so these labs usually have no close neighbors so I would think natural gas is suspect.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Such things happen :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Drones have tonnes of pictures of houses exploding in Ukraine:

bruce bowser

Don't stay too close. Most accidents happen close to home.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Which home, though?

Reply to
bruce bowser

That's because we are mostly close to home.

If we were mostly far from home, most accidents would happen far from home.

i.e. Accidents happen where we are. You can't run from them.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

A few days ago a house blew up in suburban Minneapolis, not scattered as completely as this thread. Killed 2 occupants - 80s-something. Investigation said owner moved a gas dryer out of the way to replace a gas water heater. Water heater was reconnected, dryer moved back without reconnecting, and gas turned on for both water heater and dryer

Reply to
bud--

Yes. I was pulling a micky.

Reply to