Hot water mixing valve -

Currently running my hot water supply from an oil fired tankless hot water furnace without a mixing valve. This makes for very hot water from the faucets. The simple mixing valves that I have used in the past always seem to fail rapidly. Can anyone recommend a good brand name hotwater temperature regulating mixing valve? Are there ones that allow you to set the outgoing hot water temperature or at least limit it to a maximum temperature?

Dave W.

Reply to
duzer

I have a oil-fired boiler as well, and I get my domestic hot water from it also.

The only thing I can comment on re: the failing of tempering valves is that my manual was *very* clear that the valve must be installed below the heater coil itself, or it will accumulate mineral deposits.

FWIW.

Reply to
The Gnerd

Have you considered running the furnace at a lower temperature? This will make the pumps which force hot water into the radiators run longer, but may give more even heat and doing so will result in "hot water" at a lower temperature.

Reply to
JohnB