Hot Water Heater?

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"
I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

Jeff
Reply to
jeff_wisnia
Obviously it's to distinguish from a cold water heater, which is one that hasn't been properly fitted yet or is broken, or a warm water heater that partially works.
Reply to
Jules
My neighbor pointed out that his heater heats *hot* water. Mine is set at 120degrees and I call the water that comes out "Hot". His is set at 140. So he takes 120 degree water and continues to heat it to 140.
Jim
Reply to
Jim Elbrecht
Right. I assume this comes from mixing the two names for what is most often the same thing; "hot water storage tank", and "water heater".
Reply to
Lefty
Wife to programmer husband: "Go to the market and get a pound of butter. If the eggs are fresh, bring back a dozen."
(later)
Wife: "Why did you buy twelve pounds of butter!"
Reply to
HeyBub
More redundancies:
AC current DC current DVR recorder HIV virus ISP provider CD disk VIN number VCR recorder
Reply to
Gary H

Site Timeline Threads

  • ------------------------------------- The F1 Error on my Kenmore Elite range...