Hot Water

My bathtub/shower in my guest bathroom has a problem. The water is either off or extremely hot. The bathroom isn't used very often, but seems to be a new problem. What could be causing this? Currently, it's unusable as it is. All other sinks and showers in the house seem to work fine.

Reply to
dbynum

Does the shower have separate cold and hot water controls, or does it have a single knob. Could the cold water supply be accidentally shut off to this shower?

Reply to
Smarty

I think you are supposed to mix some cold water with the hot water. Have you tried that? Have you tried just running the cold water by itself? And then adding some hot water? Perhaps you could give more details.

Reply to
mm

It's a single knob

Reply to
dbynum

I can't add cold water. There is one knob that controls both temps. The further left you turn it the warmer the water, but it's steaming hot from the point it turns on.

Reply to
dbynum

Somebody shut off the cold water, so all you're getting is hot? If that's not the problem, you're at best looking at taking the valve apart, and at worst, replacing it.

Reply to
Goedjn

He was pulling your leg. Your valve has gone bad. You have to replace the cartridge or the valve.

Reply to
Toller

The first sentence was that.

The rest was a mixture. And surprisingly, got the full story.

Reply to
mm