Hot Tub Electrical Question

Also, there are only a few GFCI's that meet the code for hot tub installs. Here is a link to one of them.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

do the job right...

it can be important in a hot tub...

see:

Mark

Reply to
Mark

"In my area, and probably yours, code requires that the box must be within sight of the hot tub, but no closer than five feet. Tom "

What code requires that the GFCI be within sight of the hot tub? I know code requires that a means of disconnect must be within a max distance, but I've never seen anything that says the GFCI has to be there.

Reply to
trader4

I received my answer from an Electrician for the province of Quebec Canada. New bylaws say that it is mandatory to have another panel on the outside of the house that contains the GFI. With this, you need a separate ground connected from the main groung to the motor ground.

Thanks for all replies.

snipped-for-privacy@> "In my area, and probably yours, code requires that the box must be

Reply to
jimcstewart