Honeywell VisionPRO TH8110 vs. White-Rodgers 1F97 Thermostat

I'm about to change out an existing programmable thermostat for a new one. I'm considering either the Honeywell VisionPRO TH8110U1003 touch screen model or the White-Rodgers 1F97-1271 touch screen model. Both are quite similar in physical appearance with the exception of the screen formatting and color.

Although the design appears to be very similar, it's my guess the electrical design is different, and hence the overall ergonomics and performance may be different. I note the battery back-up used in the Honeywell is 3 ea. AAA cells, whereas the White-Rodgers uses 2 ea. AA cells. Frankly, I hate AAA batteries, as I never seem to have any around.

Any comments on which may be the superior thermostat, or am I looking at very similar performing units.

Reply to
Don Allen

Hi, I installed Vision Pro two times at my house and cabin. No brainer. Very easy to set up and it can be set up off the wall. I installed Lithium batteries hoping it to last longer. Even if battery quits, you don't lose the sep up. My only complaint(?) of Vision Pro is it's too accurate, LOL

Reply to
Tony Hwang