Homemade wood preservative

Hello,

Does anyone know a recipe for a wood preserative other then boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
dgalekov

In the lazaret of wooden fishing boats we used Creosote, pine tar, and Linseed oil, mix it altogether. Then we heated it up and painted it on. When heating you have to be very careful because it ignites easily. It wouldn't be good for a deck, but on the ground it would work alright.

linseed oil and mineral spirits?<

Reply to
Bill Miller

Where do you buy the Creosote? I thought it was outlawed.

Reply to
Bob

You can get anything you want at Alice&#39;s Restaurant !!!

Reply to
blank