Hole Patching In Siding: What To Use ?

Hello:

Any ideas on what to use to patch temporarily (thru the winter) some small holes in house siding ?

Would Phenol Seal be good ? Or... ?

I know Bondo works, but was hoping for something a bit easioer, that I could just use from a tube or caulking gun that would hold up thru the winter.

Live in New England, so it would see cold and snow

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

What type of siding?

What size holes?

All the way through the sheathing or just the siding?

Generally any decent caulk should hold up just fine for small holes (1/4" or less). For bigger holes the caulk needs some sort of backer, whether it's expanding foam from a can, foam backer rod, or whatever to provide a supporting surface. The expanding foam itself will hold up through the winter, but with caulk on top it will last a number of years. The caulk is of course available in colors that might match your siding or can be painted to match (use paintable caulk), where the foam is just yellow and darkens with age and exposure.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.