High quality tools

I was using these tools and I appreciated the quality of them.

I know they are at least 25 years old.

What do you think?

AK

Looks good to me. If you can't supertorque it, that's good. I otoh, partly because my car was stolen in 1970 and all the tools were taken from the trunk before I found the car, buy the cheapest sockets I can find, and in one case I was able to turn the lever while the socket didn't rotate at all. Looking closely I could see a fine line 3/4" down the extension where the top was rotating and the rest was not.

Looks good. Should last forever.

I have a spade that was my father's, made at least as early as 1945, but probably earlier. The blue paint on the handle is gradually diappearing but everything else is fine . I probably have other old stuff but I'm not sure now.

Reply to
micky

Your name and phone number appear on the tool box .. Are you lonely ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Are you recommending a particular brand? I don't see it if so. I have an SK 3/8" drive set that is probably 45 years old. Losing the tools is more of a problem for me than wearing them out. The kit is a mix of the originals plus whatever I could find when I lost something.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Phone number is no longer in service.

And your search did not find me either. :-) Andy

Reply to
AK

Over half of my hand tools are at least 40 years old ... A lot of them were a gift from my wife in the early years of our marriage (over

49 years ago) . And a significant part of my tools are between 50 -75 years old . Those I inherited from Dad . My machine lathe shipped from Logan in November 1951 . Your stuff is basically "new" . I have Chinesium tools older than that !
Reply to
Snag

I ONLY buy tools made in the USA (favorite), Germany (tied for 2nd) or Japan (tied for 2nd).

My dad bought me a tool set of (red dot) Indian tools years ago he sold in his auto parts store as a gift. I am still mad at him for that.

The sockets stripped out and the jaws on the wrenches bent.

Oh ya, and he sold good tools too.