Help with fireplace insert install

Hi. I am looking at a used fireplace insert in very good condition, I have checked to make sure it fits my fireplace, but I have a question. I want to run a flue liner from the insert to the top of the chimney. But how do I pass the liner through the damper? The damper runs the width of the fireplace, about 29 inches and a flap open upwards and back. the flap is 5 1/2 inches wide. So I have to pass the liner through a 5 1/2 inch by 29 inch rectangle. Does someone make an adapter for these situations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
big head

I've seen lots of real fireplaces with inserts, there must be a way. Zero clearance units are for when you dont have a real fireplace.

Reply to
big head

The insert you are looking at may not be appropriate for your fireplace. Sounds like you have a real fireplace like mine. It required a zero clearance unit and 2 flexible stainless steel ducts when up the chimney.... one for exhaust and the other for intake.

Reply to
Art

Look here: Wood Relining

Note: This is my commercial web site. We sell this product at 20% off the prices in the PDF.

John Galbreath Jr.

snipped-for-privacy@FireLogs.com

Reply to
John Galbreath Jr.