Help with audio/video signal sender

I installed a 2.4GH wireless audio/video sender from my family room tv to my living room tv. It is about 30 feet away and no obstructions. The picture is crystal clear but the sound is very low and there is a lot of static.The signal sender also have 4 different channels, ( A,B,C,D) and I tried them all. I hooked them up with the RCA jacks that they came with. Is a possible solution to install very high quality RCA jacks like monster cables? Thnaks in advance for any help

Reply to
Rennyboy

Unless the cables you're using are defective, you won't notice any difference with premium cables. Do you have another known good piece of equipment you could introduce into the mix to isolate the problem

- a stereo, boom box, portable TV, etc? You need to rule out things one at a time. The problem could be with the sending TV, the wireless sender, the receiving TV, or the connecting cables on either end. Start substituting and swapping things around until you figure out which one is bad.

Reverse the direction - if that works your wireless unit and cables are OK and one of the TV's has a problem. If you have a stereo, swap cables with it. If you're using the RCA cables that came with the unit, I'd probably suspect those first, just because typically equipment like that comes with the cheapest possible cables. Nice looking cables with molded connectors and strain reliefs can still be defective - I've had a few.

Roger Grady snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.qlfit.net To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

Reply to
Roger Grady