Help with attaching brass headboard to frame!!!

We need help! We have a brass twin size headboard which was my sons. This is my second marriage and we did not need another twin frame so we got rid of his. NOW we want to attach the headboard to the frame we have and have NO idea how to do it. Each leg of the head board has 2 hole..one under neath each other with about a 3 inch space, but do not go through the back. The back part of the fram and these holes do not match up and even if they did, I have NO idea of what kind of bracket, and/or screws it needs. My husband does not care for this headboard, I like it, so he said that it is now MY job in finding out how to attach it.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? Thanks in advance MJ

Reply to
AdorHm

Try

and check out their assortment of head board hardware. I'm having a bit of trouble picturing what you've got - but they have a wide assortment of new and retro hardware.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

drill the holes in the headboard through and then bolt them to a 2 by 4 or 2 by 6 in. piece of wood the width of the headboard... then match up the 2 by 4 or 2 by 6 to the frame bolt holes and drill some more holes in the piece of wood and bolt the frame to this wood.. it will work. just give it a try... if your husband is turned off by the bed then dont expect to get much use out of it.. you can then just glue the headboard to the frame and it will not fall off.....

Reply to
jim