Help! Whirlpool Refigerator water collects

I have a five year old Whirlpool refigerator, model number ET18GKXGNO.

It works okay, except that water collects in the bottom of the refrigertor. Below the crispers, there is a depression built into the inside bottom, Water collects there and it ices over. If I empty the water it refills. I can sometimes year the refrigertor making a sort of gurgling noise. The water doesnt overflow the depression that I can see.

There arent any other problems that I know of with the fridge.

Does anyone know what causes this and what I can do about it?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Linda Grant

Hi,

A clogged or restricted defrost drain can do this, if the defrost water cannot run down the drain it can/will spill out and run inside and settle under the cripsers.

Some helps and tips are above.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Thank you, Jeff!. I will check it out. Dont know exactly what Im doing but will figure it out.

TY again.

Reply to
Linda Grant

This might help as well,

If you get a chance, let us know how you make out with it.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff