Help Needed: Water Softener Draining Constantly

Hi all, I'm a little green on this stuff.

The water softener was unplugged for about two days. After plugging it back in, two things seem to happen. (1) there is a hissing coming from the control top, and (2) the tank is always draining a steady stream of discharge.

Any thoughts as to what the problem is, and whether or not I can fix it myself?

The brand is Osmonics Autotrol 255/460i

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Reply to
Sean

Sean,

You can find a manual with troubleshooting advice at

. But first put the machine through a regenerate cycle and see if that clears up your problem. A regenerate cycle will take several hours.

Good luck, Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Thank you.