heat resistance of pipe dope

With such a setup, you can do it with one copper coupler. Solder one thread adatpor, and then thread the valve on. Adaptor and nipple to other side of valve. Finish with a copper coupler.

Years ago, I saw a movie file. Johny Carson, and I can't remember the oher guy. "Just the facts, ma'am" and they did in inteview. Turns out that Claude Cooper from Cleveland had copped the copper clappers the cleaning lady had found missing from the closet. I thought it was funny. Thanks for a memory.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is an issue of the orientation of the valve and its handle by the time it's tightened onto the threads.

Remember where Carnac's questions were securely stored?

Reply to
Matt

There is an issue of the orientation of the valve and its handle by the time it's tightened onto the threads.

CY: That's true. Might need two unions, then. Which is what you said. I hadn't thought of that.

Remember where Carnac's questions were securely stored?

CY: No, I wish I did.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

in hermetically sealed envelopes "... kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch since noon today."

Reply to
Matt

Mine does. "Mutt".

But then I'm using a "shell account" to access the net, meaning I dial in, log-in, and arrive at a unix (well, net-bsd) prompt. No gui.

So cut-n-paste (just SOUNDS better than "copy-n-paste", though of course that is what you're really doing) it is.

(Paste into LYNX browser, also non-gui, no pictures either.)

However, makes me think I should ask if there's some hack that will shortcut that somewhat.

David

Reply to
David Combs

Well, it can become a "religious" issue.

Anyway, any rule has its exceptions. Like when there's a LOT of text sitting there to write beneath. Sort of a pain to force someone to page through all that to get to your bit. (As when for some good reason you don't want to elide a bunch of that stuff first.)

David

PS: you want to get into a REALLY religious issue, lets talk about cross-posting!

Reply to
David Combs