heat pump in basement? too damp?

what do you do with a damp basement? I live in georgia I HAVE A HEAT PUMP

Reply to
edith pye

If heat pump acting as AC in summer is not enough you should consider putting a dehumidifier in the basement. I use one between dry winter season here in DE in warm spring with humidity before AC comes on for the summer.

If your basement is damp all year it would also help to remove sources of dampness like water creeping in around foundation.

Reply to
Frank