Headphone cable 'shock absorber'

I've go the older version of these headphones-

Notice the bit of elastic that clutches the cable a few inches from the earpiece and puts the strain on the elastic instead of the wire when I catch the cable on something. The 3rd [customer] photo shows it well and calls it a lanyard.

I broke mine & want to replace it but don't know what to search for-- or if 'm just going to have to make my own. Anyone know another term than 'shock absorber' or 'lanyard' -- neither seems to be leading me anywhere.

I didn't think it was really a big deal when it broke-- but I've yanked the cord out of my MP3 player a couple times a day since I broke it and can't remember ever doing that before. So it must give me just enough warning to stop before I pull things apart.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Hi, No cordless phone? They are cheap.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

-snip-

Not as cheap as these 2 Philips headphones I've got. They were free. And they are the first set that actually works for me-- they have good enough sound, stay on my head, don't hurt my ears, and are light enough that I don't remember they are still wrapped around my neck where they store nicely so I can carry on a conversation. Oh- and they aren't the noise canceling ones so I can pay attention to surroundings while still listening to my mp3s.

We've got a couple wireless sets in the house. They are both noise canceling so don't fit my MO that well- but I've tried them. PITA- both of them. The headset is heavy because it is complicated and battery operated. The 'sender' is a pita floppy thing that I have more trouble taming than I do the cable for my wired set. [If I just set it down, I wander out of the room, lose my song and can't find the player to restart it. That really happened to me.]

Plus I've always got to remember to be charging the sender on one and replacing batteries for the other.

Trust me-- I'm not a Luddite- but on this one I just want to improve what I've got.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht