Hardwood on concrete pad

I want to install hardwood flooring on a concrete pad that rests directly on the ground. I'd like to make it floating. What method of moisture barrier would be best for this. I'm concerned that a plastic sheet would abrade through.

I guess I could install a plywood subfloor but still...best way to barrier? Would the concrete be sealed and the plywood attached to that? Glue or concrete nails?

I want to do this myself to save some money. I just need some advice or some good sites for the proper ways to get it done.

TIA.

Reply to
coustanis

I'd ask the flooring salespeople, some stuff I was looking at you just put on top of the concrete, it already had a barrier on the backside.

Reply to
roger61611

I glued a lot of engineered hardwood flooring directly to my concrete pad. No problem since I installed it ten years ago.

Pad should be dry, though. Any lateral cracks (expansion cracks) should be bridged with a "slip sheet" of 15 lb roofing paper.

Reply to
Walter R.

Follow the directions that come with the flooring.

cm

Reply to
cm