Gutter Guards (revisit)

I know this has been discussed. But I forget what brand was best. I guess I'm going to get mine done. Are gutter guards the better ones? Thanks

Reply to
in2-dadark

make sure you have angle for the roof and the guards. I had a low angle roof and the water would run back up into the plywood during a heavy rain.

I had to switch the more open cheaper gutter guard with the screen in it. so the water would run right through it and not back up.

Reply to
flir67

Leafguard gutters with built in guards definitely work. Gutter helmits do not. Been there and done both. Leafguard work with both pines and hardwoods.

Reply to
Art

My roof is steep. But I'm not sure I want to go with a brand that has to go under the first row of shingles. Would I be exposing myself to more problems with one that has to be fastened this way?

Reply to
in2-dadark

well i've said this at least 3 times before but i must again...

Leafguard customer service is the pits. I spent $1600 to have these installed on my new house and within 3 months i had birds living in 3 corners of my gutters. what a mess. Initial installer wouldn't return and Leafguard home office blew smoke my way until i finally gave up, ripped them all off and threw them away.

Reply to
mike_0_007

Thanks. 1600 is a lot of money. Did you at least file a complaint with the BBB?

Reply to
in2-dadark

Pervert!!! Why would you start exposing yourself?

Reply to
Mick Collens

I don't see how that is possible. My leafguard gutters have been on my house for 9 years. Once in a while I peer into a section and they are spotless. You must have had a hack of an installer or not have real leafguard gutters. The only thing bad about them is that they are expensive. If you really have birds in yours please post a picture so we can see what is wrong with the installation.

Reply to
Art