Ground Level Deck

I would like to build a 10 X 15 deck over my 10 X 10 Concrete patio. However, because my house is on a slab, there is only 4 1/2 inches from the sliding doorway down to the existing patio. Since the yard is basically flat, and most deck plans say use 2 x 6 or 2x8 joists, I need some help on what to do about this. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Reply to
Stephen

------------------------------------------- if your concrete patio is at least 6" thick then you could use any size lumber attached to the slab.

2x3's even, if that is what it takes to get the results you are looking for. usually the lumber is tapered to accommodate the pitch for water to run off (1/8" per ft).

Carpenter Ant

Since my builder cut ever corner possible, its not. Is there any other tip you can offer?

Reply to
Stephen

The 2x6 & 2x8 specs are for support. You already have the needed support...in the concrete.

You could probably use any size lumber you want...or cut it to size. Heck, you could even install the boards right onto the concrete!

Have a nice week...

Trent

Help keep down the world population...have your partner spayed or neutered.

Reply to
Trent©

--------------------------------------------------------- boy did I get sucked into this "troll thread"

Carpenter Ant