Great Stuff, How much is in a can (2023 Update)

Use the first straw on the second can as well, that way you have the second straw for another time.

Reply to
BiodieselRocket

Quality answer, for a blessed change, KUDOS

Reply to
tgiv

your the only one with a sensible answer , thank you

Reply to
terryob

You can say that again!

Reply to
micky

144 square inches is one square foot, one inch thick. To get a cubic foot, you have to multiply that times 12. There are 1,728 cubic inches in a cubic foot. or,approximately 7.5 gallons.
Reply to
John3

A cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches! 12x12x12=1728 144= the surface area=ING 144 I have 9 grade education wtf are you people smoking this crap isn't rocket science! I sure hope this last guy is a contractor Jesus I feel like a genius in this group! Thanks guys I needed a good laugh. I've had diarrhea all week but thanks to this whole thread I think I've found a solution. Be right back I'm gonna go great stuff my whole ass crack shut. According to my math shouldn't take more than a third of a CAN!!! See what I did there ass=CAN damn I'm freakin hilarious

Reply to
Dropout
12oz can produces 2 sq feet 1 inch thick. This is from spraying it into a 1 ft square form.
Reply to
byrdman

I had a can fall off a shelf in the garage. When I found it, it was a basketball sized hard lump, with the ruptured can 1/2 sticking out of the side of the lump.

Reply to
Bob F

That sounds more like a piece of art. Did you try selling it?

Reply to
Ed P

No :-(

Reply to
Bob F

Day later it had expanded 50% so 3 board ft in a 12 oz can 3/12*16=4 board feet in a 16 oz.

Reply to
byrdman

@Mathfixer - sorry, your math is wrong! The OP was correct at about 0.3 cubic feet. Area = pi*radius squared, not diameter. pi * diameter = Circumference, not area. Volume = pi*r^2*lenght (or height). For a Math Fixer.... well, you know! Chemistry is not your strength either, BTW. Yes, it is a moisture cure, but, well, there's a lot more to it, and it cures throughout, and generates gas to expand the foam throughout.

Reply to
DB3