Graffiti clean up and repair

The walls could be cleaned up with paint but I have a nice commercial glass door that has been acid edged, scratched and graffiti by those guys. How do you remove the acid edge and scratches on the glass?

Reply to
Fred

I just put up nine fake video cameras on my property. Where they are highly visible. We will see if it makes a difference.

Thieves and idiots are opportunists. They will take the easy way, hit people who aren't watching, hit people who leave things out, and hit people who make themselves the easiest targets.

MHO only, YMMV.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Mine are small. Plain black. Simple looking. No blinking lights.

If I only stop one thief, they are a success.

Reply to
SteveB

All the fake video cameras I've ever seen look like a joke -- like something from pre-1980: huge, big flashing LED, etc. Now how many real video cameras have you seen with those features? Most (especially residential ones, are quite small, and they never have a big blinking LED...

Same here...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I think the real answer is in Graffiti prevention. I believe Smith & Wesson in launching a Graffiti prevention series. A for the scratches in the glass maybe a buffing wheel, but even then the glass would be distorted.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Very true. I wonder if the sheer number of them would tip off would-be theives to the "fakeness"? Although I don't think most theives put that much thought into their crimes...

The one I was thinking of was this one:

I've seen even uglier ones...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I would think that this would need to be buffed out or ground out but this is way beyond my experience level. Check with a local glazier.

phil

Reply to
PHILIPWOLF

Smith & Wesson may work in places like Texas, love that state, but I'm in liberal California and that will land me in jail for stopping someone expressing his artistic needs or freedom of expression longer than the serial killers. Oh the city, San Francisco one of the most liberal that is, will also fine homeowners $500 per graffiti incident if they don't remove it right away.

As for the buffing wheel, what type of paste do you use for glass? Would the rubbing compound for the automotive body work?

Reply to
Fred