Got A Cloudy Pool?

Sometimes when you have a cloudy pool it can be very difficult and time consuming to get it clear. Or sometimes it happens over night. Here Are some tips & tricks to help you clear that pool quickly.

  1. Its always good to use some sort of clarifier. What they do is gather tiny particles that are making your water cloudy and bring them together to create bigger particles so that your filter will have a better chance of picking it up.

  1. A chemical called Floc or Flocculant is sometimes a good idea if you are in a rush. Lets say you have a pool party tomorrow and your pool is cloudy. But this method is very time consuming and difficult. The idea here is the Floc gathers all the particles that are making your water cloudy and sends them to the bottom of your pool creating a huge cloud. At this point you will need to manually vacuum up that cloud through your filter waste option or backwash port. Again it is difficult and a lot of water is wasted but it will clear your pool in one day.

  2. To help your filter pick up more debris, especially if you have an above-ground pool, you can create a bottom-drain effect like an in-ground pool by simply hooking up your manual vacuum and turning it upside down in the middle of your pool. That method will help collect the cloudy particles at the bottom of your pool rather than just your filter skimming the top.

These are some quick tips into clearing your cloudy pool. If you would like to add or comment and have any questions about this discussion, feel free to post something or email us. We are only here to help you at Niagara Pools & Spas

Visit Our Website

Your Local Pool Guy

in buffalo ny: to open the pool for summer, we heavily dose with chlorine the above ground 24 ft round pool when the spring weather comes. if you wait too long until the water has green algae started, or if the water won't clear up, shock with liquid bleach or shock to get the chlorine circulating right away. keep the water clear enough to see a quarter clearly under 3-1/2 to 4 feet of water. i appreciate the #3 tip about using the vacuum for a fake service bottom drain. thanks! when the water is chilly the swimmers aren't there to make a giant whirlpool by running around the inside perimeter of the pool, to deposit dirt and leaves into the center like we ask them to do at the end of the summer swimming day.

Your Local Pool Guy wrote:

Reply to
buffalobill

I've got a 24' round too. I find just angling the outlet jet to the side creates enough of a circular flow to draw most dirt to the middle.

Reply to
Dan Espen