Gossamer Wind Style Ceiling Fan?

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the Gossamer Wind ceiling fans. Well, I "was," anyway, until I actually bought and installed one.

I put up a Windward II, top of the Gossamer Wind line by Hampton Bay, from Home Depot. It has extra stuff like a remote and a thermostat, which I didn't want, but that's the way it comes. Well, at least in our house, the fan had a very loud "hum." I called the company and they said that just happens in some houses due to the house wiring, and the only thing to do would be to return the fan. (Our house is brand new.) So that's what I did; also returned an unopened Callaway II because it has the same electronic extras as the Windward II.

My question is: does anybody know of a brand of ceiling fan that has the Gossamer Wind design, but without the extras like the remote? A good old pull chain type, for example. There's an Emerson Midway II that looks similar, but it also has a remote control, but I'm not sure about that one either, since it, too, has the extra electronics; and I'd be loathe to spend all that time putting it up to find it hums too.

Thanks,

natchmo

Check out my ceiling fan page: It's mildly interesting I hope.

natc3mo