Good product: Maax shower door kit

From the giving credit where credit is due dep't:

Just finished installing a set of shower doors for a client. They bought them (online from Home Despot). Fairly simple kit, from Maax (a Canuck company, it turns out), but there were some "gotchas" in the installation, of course, like one wall that wasn't exactly plumb. So I ended up calling their toll-free tech support line, which was duly answered. (Basically the advice was "shim it", which is what I did.)

The product is good: aluminum frame members, doors hang from top track on nylon rollers. Everything fits together nicely; good provision for caulking; manual is clearly written (hey, it even says "Measure twice, cut once" a couple times). End result is good-looking and smoothly functional.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Was it written in American/Canadian English or Chinese English?

Reply to
hrhofmann

On 12/10/2010 7:18 PM hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net spake thus:

I said "manual is clearly written", didn't I?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I've dealt with them. Their manuals are in english and french. They're a french canadian company.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I installed one of their showers in our ensuite. I ordered a second base from them and installed it upside down above the shower and put an approved light fixture in the drain hole.

I liked that unit for the curved glass doors. No problems with the install or operation of the doors.

The upside down bottom top, well it's different if nothing else. I haven't finished closing up the curved space between the top and ceiling yet. I'm thinking narrow wood strips similar to a roll top desk tambour.

It's a tiny ensuite. You pretty much have to drop your drawers and back in. Comes in handy when we have company.

LdB

Reply to
LdB