'Golden Spike' event marks 150th anniversary of Transcontinental Railroad

' ... A replica of the historic Jupiter steam locomotive rolls across Promontory Summit on the 150th anniversary of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad at Golden Spike National Historical Park in Promontory, Utah, U.S. May 10, 2019. REUTERS/Terray Sylvester

Oren

  Actually it's 6.5 miles past nowhere ... I made that drive from Brigham City out to Thiokol 5 days a week for several years . The job was usually as boring as the drive ... usually .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

My brother lived in Ogden and was rough on cars. He didn't mistreat them but back in the '60s when they got up toward 100,000 miles you shot them to put them out of their misery.

He enjoyed the work but my sister in law referred to about 20 years in Utah as 'camping out'. Huntsville was more her speed with a lot of Baptists to hang with.

When my nephews got to that age my brother offered to send them to any college they could get into -- as long as it wasn't in Utah.

Reply to
rbowman

Clearly forgot who will be picking his nursing home.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Somewhere is read that the guy that took the first swing at the golden spike, missed. They gave him a do over. Chuckle, even if it is not true.