Gluing sill gasket to wood?

For those in the building trades, I think the technical term for "gasket seal" is,

Poly Foam Sill Seal Gasket with a product description here,

We often use 3.5" x 50' , rolls for many applications, (it's usual only an 1/8" thick cuz we're really good :-).

Would anyone kindly suggest how to glue gasket seal to dry spruce/pine?

We've been stapling, but I'd like something more elegant. Thanks Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Elegant? What's not working for you with the staples? It's quick and easy and quick. 3M spray adhesive would do what you want.

When you say many applications, give a f'rinstance or three.

RicodJour

Basically. It's a spray contact adhesive. I've never encountered a

3M product that sucked. The worst I've run across is good to very good.

Yeah the spray stuff should work. You could pick up some self- adhesive weatherstripping/gasketing for that application. The sill seal doesn't have a lot of thickness, which is probably good, but it doesn't have a lot of give so it won't make up for something that is starting out as a not too tight seal. Make sure the cover fits closely all the way around before messing with the gasket.

I'm surprised you still have snow up there, what with it being June and all. ;)

RicodJour