Gluing Plastic Storage Containers

Gino wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Those bags could be punctured and deflate.Or have a slow leak and deflate.That means no protection.Even bubble wrap has MANY cells,so loss of a few does not matter.

Puncture all the peanut-pillows and it doesn't matter;No effect.

We had custom expanding foam packing(InstaPak) at my TEK field offices,and there always was the possibility of foam sticking to the item,permanently ruining it,or too much foam crushing the item upon expansion,or it squirting out any opening in the box,or splitting the box.It's messy stuff to work with. We received lots of packages with loose peanuts,so making peanut-pillows was a great way of recycling them,and cheaper than using the expanding foam,or cutting pieces of regular foam to fit.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yep, the case on my last 100 stack of blank DVDs was cracked so bad I thought some of the DVDs might be damaged but so far no coasters.

My 10" Dob telescope (pretty big) was wrapped in plastic with the foam on the outside. The scope tube would be easy to crush if too much foam was used.

Reply to
Gino

If my hubby heard this suggestion, he would require $200 worth of electronics to operate the valves :o) I'm thinking about bevening one end of the "rails" so the kayak slides on and a couple of rope handles to push off. Looks good on paper :o)

Reply to
Norminn

clipped

By the time the kayak rots, I'll be too old to worry about it :o) And if I had a garage, we would not be having this conversation :o)

Reply to
Norminn

but that's why they invented flea markets and garage sales, no?

Reply to
bill a

Gino wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Soemtimes the foam found it's way through a tear or missed opening in the plastic and it sticks REALLY good to things,nearly impossible to remove without damage to the item.

We occasionally received bad batches of foam components(2-part foam),and the foam would not expand immediately as it should,and we had a hard time with it,putting too much foam into the boxes and then it would begin expanding uncontrollably.It made terrible messes.

Reply to
Jim Yanik